Thursday, July 23, 2020

Adding Multiple Columns With Default Value

Almost a decade before, I came across a requirement where I needed to add multiple columns in a table with default value. It took a while on that time to figure it out.

I found it in my old SQL Projects repository and thought to share it with you.


-- Creating a table and adding a row

CREATE TABLE TestTable1(Id INT, SomeCol VARCHAR(10))

INSERT INTO TestTable1 SELECT 10, 'abcdefgh'

-- Adding Multiple Columns With Default Values

ALTER TABLE TestTable1

                        ADD Col1 VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT('SomeInformation'),

                                    Col2 INT NOT NULL DEFAULT(999)

GO

-- Retrieve Data from Table

SELECT * FROM TestTable1

GO



No comments:

Post a Comment

Big Data & SQL

Hi Everybody, Please do visit my new blog that has much more information about Big Data and SQL. The site covers big data and almost all the...